Provocative Places to Unfold My Wings

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by choppergirl, Apr 23, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 1, 2019 #41

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

The pilots at Oshkosh are more interested than at Walmart. And you can sit, talk and camp all day and night if you want for a week if you want.
    Or fly it for the crowd.
    ( maybe in 10 or 20 years)

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. May 1, 2019 #42

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Jeez, Oshkosh has been served up on a plate for you, and you just turned your nose up!

Mark Schoening and mcrae0104 like this.
  3. May 1, 2019 #43

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

mcrae0104

Armchair Mafia Conspirator HBA Supporter

Aw, geez, here we go with the Marxist critique of aviation again. I didn't read the rest.

If you don't want to go, don't crap on it.

And yes, Taco Bell is still hiring.

Mark Schoening likes this.
  4. May 1, 2019 #44

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

She's been offered free food, free travel free lodging, free admission.

Chopsie, if you want to know about class you should read the thread again because it's pilots who offered you this. Do you enjoy constantly insulting people on here?

Honestly, pretty ungrateful. I've had enough of this childish writing of yours.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  5. May 1, 2019 #45

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Without a way to travel half way across the country, most non-retired young are not able to attend Oshkosh.
    That why it's sad EAA doesn't support regional flyins anymore.

6. May 1, 2019 #46

TFF

TFF

TFF

I think it’s time to call in or out. Calling out is fine with no reason. We don’t want a diatribe, just a no I can’t go. At least there is an honest decision. We would all prefer a Yes with the hopes that you might find focus to push on more. You have pulled off road trips before.

7. May 1, 2019 #47

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Chopsy. You won't change anything by whining about it from some anonymous corner of the internet. There are already hundreds of millions of people doing that.
    You need to get out there and lead by example. People respect that, rich and poor alike. Take your little proletariat aircraft everywhere, especially OshKosh. Fly it there and even the million dollar aircraft owners will be impressed.
    Meanwhile, you could go to OshKosh for zero money this year, and find out exactly how aviation currently works. You can find out how many ordinary people are there.

8. May 1, 2019 #48

don january

don january

don january

Chopper girl.:) I'd say try and get up north once to the show in your life think of it as Woodstock. Best to fly in your Dorthy girl even if ya haul it most the way. At times I find it saddening to be near so many crafts and can't take it home. I think the Forum is just trying to help you get to the sky and share flight. airspeed.jpg

9. May 1, 2019 #49

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Showing the plane at the local Walmart is a good idea. It shows a desire to support grass roots aviation, which is rare.
    Need more of that.
    Just don't eliminate Oshkosh from a future possibility. I didn't get to Oshkosh until years after I had a pilot certificate and owned several airplanes. Just too far.

10. May 1, 2019 #50

Daleandee

Daleandee

Daleandee

I thought this would be the whole point in owning an airplane and taking it to show it off.

It used to irk me a bit when our club would put on and attend several fly-ins a year where there were a few pilots that never flew in ... brought them in on a trailer, hid the trailer behind the hangar, and tied the plane down on the front line and walked around acting like it flew in. It was easy enough to get over it but I've always wanted to be able to quote John Fogerty when someone asked how my airplane got to a fly-in ... "it came out of the sky!"

Dale
    N319WF

PS: I do the same with the motorcycle. If it's there I rode it there. Trailers are for hogs & dogs. :D

11. May 1, 2019 #51

Twodeaddogs

Twodeaddogs

Twodeaddogs

...or look at Arty Trost and fly 2000 miles on a Drifter...

12. May 1, 2019 #52

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

At any large gathering I go to, there will be people I love, people I like, people I dislike and people I want to kill. Only the proportion varies...

13. May 1, 2019 #53

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Sounds good in theory. But the reality is a short (uphill and overflight of expensive airplanes)the temporary ultralight airstrip at Oshkosh. It has many challenges for a new pilot.
    Probably not prudent for someone without a powerful and proven aircraft. And insurance.
    Which probably leaves me out also.
    I wouldn't fly in on my first visit to Oshkosh. In fact, the NOTAM for arrival allows flyin, but attending the briefing in person first is preferred.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  14. May 2, 2019 #54

Tench745

Tench745

Tench745

I'll bet if you found a classic car type "cruise-in" there would be some people there very interested in a little airplane you can trailer around.
    I attended Sun-N-Fun for the first time this year and I can see why one might not want to be there. There is a lot to take in and it can be a real information overload.
    I have not been to Oshkosh yet and would like to, but Sun-N-Fun stretched my smallish budget far enough that it won't be this year. I'll spend the time working on my Jr Ace instead.

I don't know why you-all are surprised that Choppergirl hasn't snapped up the offer of Oshkosh attendance with you. Try to look at it from her point of view:
    I've seen some relatively harsh sentiments directed her way throughout this forum. Granted, she is a bit of an extremist from what I've seen; but honestly, would you want to spend a week with someone who had berated you and your opinions so recently? With someone who offered you something you wanted seemingly out of spite, just to prove that you're wrong?
    I'm sure we all have good intentions here, but those intentions can look questionable sometimes without real-world context. A joke can be seen as a jab and a heartfelt offer can feel like a challenge.

15. May 2, 2019 #55

Mark Schoening

Mark Schoening

Mark Schoening

I fear the "Harsh sentiments" were first expressed by Chopsie. Posting on a forum opens you up to comments, as it should be. She was treated with respect and dignity regardless of her politics until she steps across the line with defamatory rhetoric.
    Having never been to OSH, and characterizing it as an elite snobbish gathering of rich guys is insulting, (at least to me), I question her motives for trashing OSH. She was offered a chance to experience OSH, and didn't respond. I'm sure it was genuine and offered in good faith. I try never to post any political view here as this is not the place -aviation themes should be the ONLY posts... IMHO.

16. May 2, 2019 #56

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

Exactly. Almost every thread has her writing about how everyone is to blame. It gets old constantly being blamed.

It's a hobby. Think about it. A hobby.

17. May 2, 2019 #57

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

A bunch of us are opinionated and blame EAA and the whole system for the decline in personal aviation.
    That isn't against the forum rules. Her comments are not directed to individuals (as far as as I can tell) which is against the rules, I think. I will check:

forum code of conduct:
    2. Respect Others - Personal attacks are strictly prohibited. Its fine to debate and challenge one another’s ideas, but when the discussion turns personal it’s no longer acceptable. What crosses the line will be left to best judgment of our exceptionally good looking and hard working moderators.

18. May 2, 2019 #58

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

Little Scrapper

I don't think anyone is implying this so it feels out of context.

We are all in this hobby together and we all want each other to succeed. We all seem to help each other and will go to leaps and bounds to help those who want it.

Chopsie is highly creative, extremely artistic and seems to have grit on certain levels. All I'm saying is it royally sucks to see everyone in this industry working hard to get everyone involved and doing what they can and the response is always "blame blame blame".

thump likes this.
  19. May 2, 2019 #59

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

[​IMG]
    We can rebuild her...

Time to put *new rejuventated* Victoria into action... and Choppergirl's Flying Circus hit the road...

[​IMG]

This airplane garbage is going to kill me from exhaustion.

OMFG my mom is giving me grief about a ****ing tag.

Anyway, those black, white, and grey stripes just flagged a pattern recognition algorithm in an NSA spy satelite circling above our heads, and some war machine just sprung alive somewhere in the bowls of some Cheyenne Mountain Underground complex...

20. May 2, 2019 #60

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

I don't see why you saw any " blame" directed at you or others on the forum.
    When Choppergirl (not Chopsie) gives a negative opinion about Oshkosh, why should that effect you?
    VB said Airventure will bleed every penny but yet that doesn't offend anyone here. The late Mark Stull didn't like Airventure either. Maybe some should avoid Airventure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.