Proves the point

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

It proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that a high-power blown rotary engine stuck onto a helicopter gearbox can indeed be used successfuly for one record flight in an aircraft that is required to run for 100 seconds.

(Good job Dan Gray, you're a darn good stick)

dog

Yes, a year-and-a-half ago, but what point does it prove?

BJC
Cant help giggling.Lets see.The best one is that just doing something remarkable is so vastly better that picking away scoring points.
Puts the bar right where it should be.Or I could say" raptor "and be evil,oooops sorry,edit function
seems to be jammed.Or just wow,WOW,thats the whole reward of going down the rabbit hole.
raptor, darn mobile has a raptor glitch.
Its the contrast, this plane with the wings bobed off with a buck saw,pencil and paper ,weight and balance, doing truely amazing things and getting
NO attention,and then,raptor

BJC

HBA Supporter
Yes, darn good job.

Still curious, though, what Dog thinks is the point proven.

When watching the on-board cameras of the record flight, be sure to notice the amount or aileron necessary to counteract the torque. Amazing.

BJC

dog

dogs point is ,its amazing what people can do with not much money, just focus and determination.
Sets the bar right where it realy is, just reach out
grab it and go

Victor Bravo

Dan's a cool guy and an air racer and a model airplane guy. Met him once or twice, but don't know him well at all. But a balls-out record attempt in a hotrod airplane on a ten dollar budget is totally his style.

His ex-wife Kathy Gray is also a great pilot and an air racer. She was racing the Owl OR-65 "Pogo" in 1988 when I met her. She was or is a professional ferry pilot. She once told a story about ferrying a big Antonov biplane across the f***ing North Atlantic at low altitude under an overcast, and having the chip detector light come on! That lady's got much bigger huevos than me!

robertl

I used to work for a company whos owner, Eddy Wachs, held several time to climb records. When I first met him I thought, that name sounds familiar, so I dug out all my old Kit Planes magazines and sure enough, it was him. He also had a private corporate jet and a Russian Mig, but mostly he was interested in Formula One racing and his partner was Paul Newman. The Hole in the Wall gang.
Bob