• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Protection from Epoxy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chanler

Ok, I just got done reading Fiberglass & Composite Materials: An Enthusiast's Guide to High Performance Non-Metallic Materials for Automotive Racing and Marine Use
and
Understanding Aircraft Composite Construction: Basics of Materials and Techniques for the Non-Engineer

(because the more you know the better..)
I did see one glaring contradiction however. The aircraft book states to never use hand cream and gloves at the same time, however the auto book states that this is a good idea. What gives??

One thing I'm still completely confused on is how seams are handled, such as at the wing leading edge.

Back