protech pt2

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

ronncro

:) Just got my hands on an unassembled PT2 that my dad and i are going to assemble. Would love to talk to anyone who has one . Just like to pick your brain about any mods or changes that we should do.

Ronncro

ianhodg

Hi Folks

How are you going with your RT2 build? Do you like the look of this aircraft?

I have just seen an RT-2 kit for sale here in Australia but I have had trouble finding out much about this aircraft.

I am afraid I cannot answer any of your questions, but I was hoping you might have found out more in the meantime. Have you got any literature on performance and specs?

Cheers

Ian

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
I have not owned a PT2 but flew one about 20 to 30 hours several years ago.
It may have just been this plane but I found the overall performance to be lacking when compared to a Cessna 150/152 with similar power.
I did not think the wing section selected was doing a good job. I considered it as one of those cases where a handful of paper “improvements” did not work out to be an overall satisfactory product and that resulted in the limited popularity of the brand.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Steve B, it's nice to see you here on HBA !

We met several years ago, you took me out in the Tri-Pacer to see an old Taylorcraft at a private strip south of town. I bought an Airbike from you.