propellers blade shapes, thickness , width straight ,cupped , blade tips ,how many!!

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

wwkiefer

Re: propellers blade shapes, thickness , width straight ,cupped , blade tips ,how ma

HI Hugh,

I can't seem to view one of the attached graphics and hope you could resend them. I am considering making a prop for my upcoming project and would love to look over your 'wee talk' notes. ThankX

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
Re: propellers blade shapes, thickness , width straight ,cupped , blade tips ,how ma

I suggest contacting Eric Clutton to order a copy of his little book Propeller Making for the Amateur, "the definitive layman’s guide to prop design and carving your own." The cost is $10 plus postage.

Eric Clutton

913 Cedar Lane

Tullahoma, TN 37388
USA

Phone +1 (931) 455-2256
[email protected]

nerobro

One of the huge problems is GOOGLE is not a favourite name in China , it usually takes dozen attempts just to be able to check my G/mail . I have searched and found some info but takes hours .

If you're not clever enough to get around that.. you probally shouldn't be doing this project. There are quite litterally a dozen methods for getting around that.

Also, there are lots and lots of books on the subject.

Alternatively, you can think of propellors as what they are, wings.