• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Prop Wash pulling fuel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lharsch4

Hey all,
My current project is a Rotax 277 powered MiniMax. I have the plane just about ready to fly with all gauges functional, the engine runs and idles well with no filter, and the wood/fabric is in great shape. I’m excited to say the least.
However, my adventures have led me to the prop wash pulling fuel out of the carburetor as it runs, more at idle then at speed. On top of this, if I try to put the cone filter on the plane came with, it will not accelerate and bogs with throttle.
I’m running stock jetting for no intake silencer (148 main, 2.72 needle jet, 45 idle jet, and needle clip is in the middle slot), proper spark gap and new plug. Air filter is clean enough to see light through it, so I cleaned again anyway and still no change. I’m bouncing back and forth between “the air filter is too restrictive and it’s flooding” and “the air filter is forcing the fuel typically being pulled out to go down the intake and also flooding”
Any insight would be very very helpful.
Thank you.

Back