Problems with searching

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Staggermania

HBA Supporter
I have received word that the issues are fixed and should not happen again.
Umm....yeah....no.
Getting nothing but "No Results Found". What's interesting, as well, is that on the no results page, the mouse registration is about 1/2" below the buttons. Wierd. It would seem that a proper and functioning search engine is a pretty important piece of this forum puzzle,no?

Thanks

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What were you searching? I'd like to give it a try. Helps me rely the issue to the developer.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
What were you searching? I'd like to give it a try. Helps me rely the issue to the developer.
In my case, it hardly matters. Type in any search term that we know appears on this site and there will be no results ("Wing," "BSFC," etc).

Laptop, Windows 10, Firefox

Hot Wings

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Same here + the 'My Threads' tab is still non functional.

'My replies' is still working.

Aerowerx

Just did a search for "flying wing" (in quotes). Got 8 hits, of which only 3 had "flying wing".

Should be a lot more, I think. But at least it worked.

Windows 7, Google Chrome, and DuckDuckGo here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
In my case, it hardly matters. Type in any search term that we know appears on this site and there will be no results ("Wing," "BSFC," etc).

Laptop, Windows 10, Firefox
Wing came up with pages of returns when I did "wings" and wings in the search box and made sure it was not just set to find titles. Is BSFC how people are posting that or is it written out? Can you give me one thread with it in it, so I can look at what may be happening?

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
BSFC is just that - not spelled out

One thread with the term:
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/conceptual-design-of-an-inexpensive-single-seat-motorglider.19739/page-3

Found with:
bsfc "site:homebuiltairplanes.com"
in a Google search.
"BSFC" still produces zero returns for me--maybe this is because it is all caps? Does the search engine not play well with caps?
-- The good news is that the search function, in general, seems to be working a LOT better. It screens well by username, by normal terms, etc. Thanks for that.

Aerowerx

"BSFC" still produces zero returns for me--maybe this is because it is all caps? Does the search engine not play well with caps?
-- The good news is that the search function, in general, seems to be working a LOT better. It screens well by username, by normal terms, etc. Thanks for that.
I just tried it both lower case and all caps.

All caps worked. I also see that there are options for "this thread only" and "this forum only", and it depends both on these and where you are when youstrt the search.

Maybe someone who feels more motivated about it than I am at this moment could figure out the logic here?

mcrae0104

Armchair Mafia Conspirator
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Search seems to not be working again--anyone else having trouble with it?

Capture.JPG

Hephaestus

Search seems to not be working again--anyone else having trouble with it?

View attachment 91602
Honestly <search terms> site: homebuiltairplanes.com in Google - works better...

Forum search security often requires 3 & 4 letter search terms to be omitted - probably what's happening with bfsc etc. And then you don't have to guess the particular search language of the forum to get the results you desire...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It is offline at this time. I've sent to have it checked out and re-enabled.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Same here, both the "My Threads" button and the search box come back with:

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com - Error
The search could not be completed. Please try again later.​

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Having it looked into. There was a search error.

Latest posts

Group Builder