• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Problems Moving Throttle Quad - Extending Cable and Adding Curves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saville

Hello everyone,

I hope to tap into the wide-ranging knowledge here to ask advice about a project I have in mind in my RV-8: I could see where the idea I have could be problematical.

Right now the throttle quadrant (throttle, prop, mixture) is in the standard location as specified in the plans:
Present_Location.jpg

It works fine but I do have to bend my wrist around to work the throttle:
Present_Location_wrist_bend.jpg

What I would like to do is move the quadrant up and inboard a little. Maybe something like this:
Possible_Location_1.jpg
To do that, I would have to buy longer cables for the controls, and introduce another bend which goes inboard and up.

I'm concerned that this additional bend will cause a problem but I don't know enough to really know.

I suppose one option is to re-route the cables higher up on the gear tower which is at the forward end of the quadrant console.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

Back