• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Privatizing Space Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Ferguson

I requested a new thread and then decided that it might be best if I just go ahead and start it. Let's begin here:
Re: Virgin Galactic spaceshiptwo crashes.......
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BBerson We are involved as taxpayers. Scaled Composites and Musk's various companies are all tapped into the federal treasury. These are the industry magnates you mentioned. SpaceX is under contract to NASA to deliver cargo to the ISS and to develop a manned capsule to replace the capability lost when the Shuttle was retired, which it will also operate under contract as a private entity. That's called being a vendor. They're not getting some kind of handout.​
I for one love free enterprise and find the notion that a private company or citizen can build a space flight company and explore space to be invigorating. I think that competition between firms will result in great gains in this area.

Last edited:
Back