• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Private or Personal Strip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Edwards

I'm not sure where to ask this. I figure some of you have had or know of this problem. I have decided to go with a STOL Zenith 701 as it seems to be what fits for my sitution. I have limited room but have checked with the manufacturer and pilots who have the plane and have been told I do have enough room for this plane. Now that I have narrowed this down I need to make sure i can legally land and take the plane off from my property before I buy one. My property joins the city limits but is not in the city limits. Departure and approach will be people free for a very long time as the property I will leave over is a timbered area that won't be developed in my lifetime. I have spoken with a few pilot friends for advice but none seem to really know the answer. I've been told to not ask for permission but for forgiveness . I'm not sure where to start to find the answer. I did go to the planning board to check for restrictions but did not ask specifically about an air strip. I am afraid that alone will start a negative attitude against it. I really dont think it will be bother for people but some Seem to complain over anything. I'm in a small community and don't want to be a pain for my neighbors but i also really want to have a plane at my home to fly. Any help would be appreciated as I just don't know where to start. Thanks in advance

Back