• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Primary glider slingshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmetalwelder

So, my "aeronautic journey" started a year or so ago and I barely made any progress, I want to build an aircraft but I'm stuck on a semi-desert island and I don't have the resources to successfully continue, but recently I've been to lake Garda and the local flying community guys told me that back in the 30s they used primary gliders to teach guys how to fly, I think it's a brilliant idea but I really can't think of a way to launch it, I mean even if I build one, how can I successfully launch it without another plane, it's possible to build a giant slingshot or I'm going insane?

Back