• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Price Gouging - Titan Aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXFlyGuy

As you know, my aircraft was nearly destroyed by the former Titan Aircraft Factory Test Pilot.
We are in the rebuild stage now. A few months ago Titan Aircraft provided a repair quote. This included all parts needed, plus labor if I chose to have the factory do the repairs.

An entire high speed wing kit was quoted at $24,000. This is the left hand and the right hand wing, not including the center section.

All we require is the left wing, as that received the most damage. The right wing is fine.

So a left wing would be $12,000. I built all of my repair cost analysis from the factory price quote provided to me after the crash. All of this was submitted to my insurance company, and they accepted the costs.

But wait, there's more...

Today when we go to place the order for parts, the price increased by 50%. The $12,000 wing is now $18,000. I asked Titan what is up with this, and why are they not standing by their original quote (only a few months old)?

Their response...inflation.

The wing kit in question was manufactured by Titan in 2018, and has been sitting on their shop floor collecting dust since 2019.

This is an example of a company taking advantage of an individual. Why? Because they can.

I have chosen to repair / rebuild the left hand wing. We can do it for far less than $18,000.

IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back