• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Prefab Wing Components Supplier Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
Hi Everyone:
I have decided to no longer supply the prefabricated wing spar channels and aileron skins. I sell so few of them that it is very difficult to find a fabricator that can supply the small quantities that I need for a reasonable price. With all of that in mind, I would like to find someone who has access to the appropriate equipment to supply these parts directly to the Sonerai community. If you are interested in pursuing this please call me or email me. Thanks, Fred.

Hi Fred,

Ouch.

Does this mean you no longer have any in stock, or do you still have some aileron skins left to sell?

Bill Pace

I have a 5' x 8' CNC router table. Give me the materials list and dimensions and I will work out a price.

I can predrill the spar and ribs rivet holes if needed.

Large format CNC are getting so cheap now that just about everyone has one these days. CNCRouterParts.com will sell you a 5x10 dual head (VFD spindle + Plasma heads) minus the plasma cutter for under $20k. Compares well to the ShopBots and much more rugged than the BuildYourCNC.com machines.

Anyways!

The real magic is the 8' sheet metal brake. The spars are easy because they are regular bends but the ailerons are enclosed channels and require something like the Magnabend. Such tooling is actually rare and proving hard to get. Baileigh just pushed my order back to late February, maybe even march despite the fact they show stock :-(

*grumble*grumble*

UPDATE!

Life never seems to go as planned, right?

10 months late, my Baileigh BB-9616M will arrive August 15th in my shop. That does not mean I can start helping fellow builders on that date, just that I have yet another project on my hands in setting it up and running the power to it.

To recap; the BB-9616M is a 8 foot magnetic sheet metal brake. An officially licensed Magnabend for those you who live in Australia.

I will update as I get the machine plugged in and running.

--jb

"We will deliver the Baileigh BB-9616M on August 15th between 2 and 6pm."

This morning at 9:30 AM;

"Mr. Bryant, were do you want us to put your Baileigh BB-9616M?"

*Sigh*

What a pain in the backside its been to get this thing!

Attachments

• IMG_20190729_104817.jpg
    IMG_20190729_104817.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
Back