• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Predator 670cc Horizontal-Shaft V-Twin No Longer Available?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Note: This discussion was forked off from this larger thread, as a sidebar.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the Predator 670 horiz shaft engine (sold by Harbor Freight in the US) is at the low price end of the market. Hot Wings has bought one for examination and shared his findings in several posts. ...
The Predator 670cc horizontal shaft engine seems to no longer be available for sale from Harbor Freight. At first I thought it was just California, since the engine is also available on Amazon but cannot be shipped to CA. However, a search of HF stores in Nevada and Arizona turned up the same result - "Back in stock soon", which is the same thing the CA stores have been saying for months now. The engine was in-stock last summer - my local HF had them on the floor - but now seem to be unobtainium.

Worse, Northern Tool won't ship Briggs Vanguard engines in this displacement range to California. At all. I found a Kohler 674cc available on Amazon (at nearly twice the HF Predator 670cc price) that would still ship here (or at least didn't say they wouldn't), but that's 2/3rds of the way to the price of the cheapest Casler 1/2VW engine.

:mad:

Back