preceptor aircraft

Discussion in 'Supplier / Manufacturer Announcements' started by firefighter3562, Aug 1, 2010.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Mar 5, 2011 #101

JIC

JIC

JIC

Marty; What is the update on preceptor? Did you get you your kit yet?

2. Mar 6, 2011 #102

supersnoop

supersnoop

supersnoop

Marty, have you got any news ?

3. Mar 7, 2011 #103

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Well, I was supposed to pick it up on the 25th of February, but DuWayne had the flu and pnuemonia and we pushed it to March 4th-5th. I called him 3/1, 3/2, and 3/3 asking about an update for pickup, but he has not returned my calls. I just now called him again and left a message, and will continue call daily until I receive a return call. I had hoped to have some good news, but so far it looks like more of the same. As soon as I get some information, I'll post it.

4. Mar 8, 2011 #104

Jib

Jib

Jib

I'm itching to start on another airplane project and the Ultra Pup is my first choice. I, and I'm sure many other, have been watching this thread with great interest. I placed an order for the Ultra Pup plans yesterday. I hope that wasn't fool-hardy. Assuming I can get the plan set, I'm trying to decide whether to begin a from-scratch project or hold on a bit in hopes of getting a kit. Does anyone have an Ultra Pup plan set for sale?

5. Mar 9, 2011 #105

rjinaz

rjinaz

rjinaz

I have a set of Ultra Pup plans purchased last year. Contact me with a private email and we can discuss if you like.

6. Mar 9, 2011 #106

Alan Waters

Alan Waters

Alan Waters

Why don't you guys just build a Bearhawk? I looked at the Stol King when I started out but decided the Bearhawk would be a better deal.

7. Mar 13, 2011 #107

supersnoop

supersnoop

supersnoop

Alan, We have purchased and paid for our kits from Duwayne Counts of Preceptor Aircraft. ( In my case 2 years ago )
    We should get what is owed to us, I simply do not have enough funds to try another supplier.
    Duwayne, Needs to do the right thing here.

I have kept this response polite.........................but feel free to read between the lines

8. Mar 16, 2011 #108

garage monster

garage monster

garage monster

Does anyone have a set of Super Pup or Ultra Pup plans for sale. I can barely get a response from Duwayne.

Thanks

9. Mar 16, 2011 #109

robertnobody

robertnobody

robertnobody

Marty,
    Any news?
    Bob

10. Mar 16, 2011 #110

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

No news, Bob. DuWayne's become 'hard to find' again. I keep leaving messages on his phone, but get no replies. I explained to him the importance of keeping in touch and what happens when you don't, but it seems like he didn't listen too well. I had hoped to have good news so that we could get everyone squared away, but no news yet.

Marty

11. Mar 16, 2011 #111

Wrongway John

Wrongway John

Wrongway John

Marty, if I’m not mistaken the statute of limitations in North Carolina runs out in three years if this turns out to be a case of fraud. I’ve counted three promised delivery dates for your kit within just the last 30 days. If he had your kit ready on the 19th of February, or any other time after that, he could have arranged for somebody else to be there if he actually got sick on some of those dates. The guy seems like a total flake. If this is the best he can do when he’s been made aware of this thread, and you live within a few hours driving distance to his place, imagine what the Aussies chances are of getting their kits when they are out of the country.

12. Mar 18, 2011 #112

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

My attorney and I both believe that DuWayne is off working again to get the funds to satisfy the remaining kit purchasers. However, since we have had no communication from DuWayne, this is just speculation on our part. But since this is a repeat of what happened in January, we believe that this is the case. Had he taken two minutes to call me and leave a message, we would not have to speculate as to what is going on, but the lack of communication is not surprising. Right now, my attorney is saying be patient(I know, I know) so I am listening to her until she recommends otherwise. If we ever get our kits, we're going to have one hell of a story to tell!

13. Mar 20, 2011 #113

supersnoop

supersnoop

supersnoop

Marty. You may be suprised to hear, Duwayne is at home . He is just not answering the phone.
    I have also heard his internet was going to be connected on Friday Mar 18.

14. Mar 25, 2011 #114

firefighter3562

firefighter3562

firefighter3562

Having started this thread sometime ago, I was quite surprised to see it had grown to 8 pages. My friend, who originally ordered parts from this guy, has resigned to the fact that his money is lost with this loser. I must say that I agree with Alan Waters, build something else. I have flow a fair number of different aircraft, including the Pup. The Pup flies fine, but it is nothing special. The risk you take with this moron and his company is just too high, considering the high number of aircraft available from from solid companies. Yes, I know most will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for. And I don't just mean the kit itself, but also long haul company stability. Remember, one day you may need a replacement part. As for those of you who have paid for kits, I really hope this guy comes through for you. I would suggest a class action lawsuit, but after seeing what his "operation" looks like, I am willing to bet there is no blood in that turnip.
    Best of luck
    Craig

15. Mar 26, 2011 #115

robertnobody

robertnobody

robertnobody

These are on Barnstormers.com.
    PRECEPTOR STOL KING PLANS • $185 • FOR SALE • Nice set of plans of storch. I have no time or money to build this most excelent aircraft. • Contact Nick P. White, Owner - located Las Vegas , NV USA • Telephone: 702 348 8021 . • Posted March 25, 2011
    BARNSTORMERS.COM
    Bob

16. Mar 26, 2011 #116

robertnobody

robertnobody

robertnobody

Opps, I posted before I thought.
    Is it ok to post that here?
    Bob

17. Mar 26, 2011 #117

jaredyates

jaredyates

jaredyates

I must agree, having read everything that is posted here, how could someone want to embark on a long-term project involving these airplanes? I can see how the guys who are stuck are hanging in there to try and recover parts or money, but for someone who doesn't even have plans yet, there are so many other great airplanes to build. If the guy lies about everything else, why would you believe the performance specifications and sales literature? I only ask because I genuinely am curious.

18. Mar 26, 2011 #118

intruder

intruder

intruder

Who are some of the people that have built the stol king.I would love to talk to them.It is not the only plane of this typ to fly.

19. Apr 2, 2011 #119

robertnobody

robertnobody

robertnobody

Marty,
    Any luck on an update?
    Bob

20. Apr 4, 2011 #120

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Well Bob,
    Duwayne emailed me on 3/31 and told me that my kit was complete. I emailed him back and told him that I would call him on Wednesday, 4/6 to arrange for pickup on Friday or Saturday, 4/15-4/16. He emailed me back on Friday, 4/1 and told me he was awaiting my call. I wanted to wait until I contacted him and made an appointment before I posted this in order to not get people's hopes up, only to have them dashed later. I will post on Thursday 4/7 what information I have.

Marty