preceptor aircraft

Discussion in 'Supplier / Manufacturer Announcements' started by firefighter3562, Aug 1, 2010.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jan 9, 2015 #361

Rienk

Rienk

Rienk

Apparently for some on this forum, Star Trek isn't TV drama... it's a reality show.

I've rewatched some of my favorite childhood shows, and have wondered - what was I thinking?
    Then again, at that age my favorite restaurant was McDonalds...

BTW, finish that builder's log of YOURS !

bmcj likes this.
  2. Jan 9, 2015 #362

dcstrng

dcstrng

dcstrng

The great thing about approaching 70 is no one cares why I do what I do, including me…

Deciding to take a break from all my “how-to-build-an-airplane” DVDs, I’m working through my Star Trek collection – after stopping off at Mickey-Dees of course (all true…). We didn’t have a TV when I was a kid (indeed there wasn’t a TV station close enough to receive until I was in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] grade or so), so I have the excuse that none of these were childhood favorites… but they would have been, if I’d been a child when they came out, which I wasn’t….:ponder:

akwrencher likes this.
  3. Jan 9, 2015 #363

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

I've said it many times... Star Trek is a documentary, all the other shows are just sci-fi.

I need to sell my UltraPup project to make room for my Neirrh (how's that for an excuse for not working on the Neirrh and a sales pitch for my UltraPup project all in one sentence)

4. Jan 9, 2015 #364

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

[video=youtube;1goOBlVQ3UI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1goOBlVQ3UI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
    Derswede and FritzW like this.
  5. Jan 10, 2015 #365

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

Have a couple other projects first. Getting my tractor brakes back in. Major teardown and parts stuck in Nebraska due to weather.
    Just built a 4x16ft table to do the build on. Will need another 4ft or so, but will manage. Have a couple of things to do first. One being a trike. Figure to build it with tubing so as to practice for the storch build. As I have had some time in a cobra I thought an enclosed trike with aircraft type controls on the theme of a cobra going down the road would be a head turner.

FritzW likes this.
  6. Jan 10, 2015 #366

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

I'm tooling up for a wooden Storch wing, We'll have to compare notes.:)

7. Jan 10, 2015 #367

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

Yes. As it is so damp here in the northwest and that I have all the welding tools, a metal one is the best road for me. wonder what the difference in weight will be.

Should be starting mine by summer.

8. Jan 14, 2015 #368

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

plumbstraight

Been pouring over the storch plans. Those ribs are something. Looked into a source for tubing and such. Does anyone have a reasonable supplier? It was a bit over 2g for fuselage. Does that seem right? Didn't figure it being that high, but it is a specialty.

9. Jan 14, 2015 #369

rbrochey

rbrochey

rbrochey

That Storch is one beautiful aircraft....

10. Apr 23, 2016 #370

Larry

Larry

Larry

Has anything changed with the status of Preceptor Aircraft from January 2011 to today? I have tried to contact them through the email address on the web site several times and got no response. I am buying a N3 Pup that has a broken motor mount an was trying to purchase a new one. The web site says they are still in business but from what I have read that is questionable.

11. Apr 25, 2016 #371

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Larry,
    I believe DuWayne is still in business, but I've heard of others who have also had some difficulty getting in touch with him. Join the Yahoo Preceptor group and see if anyone there has an engine mount or can build one for you.

Marty

12. Oct 31, 2016 #372

mattomatteo

mattomatteo

mattomatteo

Hallo everybody, i'm from italy, here our airfield web page www.volaresalento.com.

My question: maybe i can buy here in italy an old preceptor ultrapup, disassembled by his last owner, so all pieces are detacched, fuselage for his own, wings etcetera, all without fabric and so, ex owner disassembled the plane to a general maintenance but was unable to finish the work.

So, now he's dead and his doughter have to sell all his aircraft, one of these is the ultrapup preceptor. Aircraft pieces are all around his laboratory, maybe some piece is missing. He buyed plans, and there they are, but building manual, and also building dvd are missing.

As i searched over the net, I noticed that preceptor is'nt in business, i tried to contact the company to obtain the building manual of the ultra pup but have no response.
    Finally my question is, anyone here has building manual of the ultrapup or the dvd for me? I hope so, it's the only way I can start rebuilding of this beautiful airplane.

Thanks a lot and apologize for my bad, very bad, english ;-) You can wrute me privately if you like

Matteo

13. Nov 1, 2016 #373

jmt1991

jmt1991

jmt1991

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  14. Nov 1, 2016 #374

mattomatteo

mattomatteo

mattomatteo

Thanks Martino, I just subscribed group you told me, waiting for admission... anyway, if someone of you guys has construction manual and can help, please contact me matteocolavero@yahoo.com

15. Feb 2, 2017 #375

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Just was told by a friend that he is going to sell his Pup, wife problems. Is $3500 for a partly built kit in the ballpark?

Derswede

16. Feb 2, 2017 #376

N8053H

N8053H

N8053H

I purchased a complete flying Pup for 2500 bucks. It is powered by a Mosler.

17. Feb 3, 2017 #377

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Thanks for the feedback. Am passing the info to a friend who is looking for a Legal Eagle.

Derswede

18. Feb 3, 2017 #378

N8053H

N8053H

N8053H

Don't expect to pay this for another. I just happen to know a man who has some very deep pockets. To me and you 2500 bucks is a lot. Not so much for this man. I had a hard time getting him to even take the 2500 bucks. He kept saying don't worry about it. I worried about it and made sure he was paid in full.

Tony

dougwanderson and MikePousson like this.
  19. Feb 4, 2017 #379

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

Tony, I am with you on that. I hate owing anyone anything. Though the ones who tend to be the hardest on $$ deals are the ones with money in my experience; as one guy stated to me, "How do you think I got rich?"

Derswede

20. Feb 5, 2017 #380

N8053H

N8053H

N8053H

All the people I know with deep pockets have old money passed down from one generation to the next.