• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pre finished panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starman

I've been looking for a material that is smooth on the outside, is thin, and adheres well to resin.

My hope is to get such a material and make wings by putting each skin surface in an external mold, then laying up the spar caps and rib caps onto both of them, and the spar shear webs onto one of them, and then bond them together. the leading edge bond and finishing would need to be done the old fashioned way.

I saw this idea mentioned in the cheep plane thread (using acrylic) but found some other possibilities:

Nudo Fibercorr FRP Laminates

Fiberlite Prelaminated FRP Laminate bonded to 1/4" ply min, too heavy?

what would be ideal is those 4 X 10 panels bare, with nothing bonded to them yet

something like this, only thinner: White Fiberglass Sheet

maybe plywood is best? :)

Back