• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pre-cover mods/additions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly_boy_bc

I am getting ready to cover my FFP-101 :ban:

I am planning to install floats so I want to protect the wood as much as possible. I am just looking for suggestions/input as to what YOU would like to have done before covering but didn't. Things like making sure you have protected the wood properly or handy mods that have to be done pre-cover.

What about it boys and girls? What did you forget to do? What do you wish you had been told to do? I am not looking to add every goodie that is possible but I would hate to discover a good mod or water operations precaution that I should have used after it is too late because I have covered the plane.

Gary in BC rebuilding FFP 101 to look like a 202 so it's my Fisher 101.02!

Back