• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Power Tool Manufacturers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Armstrong

I'm soon coming to the point that I need to buy power tools (drill press capable of 250rpm or slower,variable speed 6" bench grinder so Scotch Brite wheels will fit,disc sander that has a wide flat belt,band saw with a wide throat,ect.ect) for my new shop. I've got plenty of information on 'which' tools to buy but little info on 'the best' manufacturers. From browsing the internet it seems that brands like Sears (oiled, belt driven air compressor with high capacity and good cfm@psi ratings) and Delta (everything else) are often mentioned as very good brands. I've read several times to stay away from Chinese made Harbor Freight tools. It would be nice to stick to one brand for ease of purchase/repair and either Google up the best buys (E-bay or Tool only stores) or go down to my local Lowes and buy all Delta stuff but I would like to hear what Name Brands you guys recommend first. Thanks

Mike

Back