• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Power tool cells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pictsidhe

I thought others may be interested in potential cells to be used for e-flight. Battery power tools tend to come with high discahrge rate Li-ions. They seem like they could be ideal for hybrid systems. A neighbour just pawned a worx tool with me and I opened up the battery to see which cells it has:

Worx WA3578 4Ah 20V: 10x Samsung INR18650-20R battery dated 2018
Those cells are rated at 22A continuous discharge, 4A charge

I also had a 2017 B&D kicking around, so:

B&D LBXR20 1.5Ah 20V: 5x LGDAHB71765

Those are rated at 15A continuous discharge, 4A charge. At the same weight as the Worx cells, you get 3/4 the capacity, 2/3 of the conitnuous power...

My regular use DeWalt 1.5Ah has cells without a google-able code:

UAI9RXA

That's a shame, DeWalt are known for using decent cells. Maybe there is another code under the wrapper, but this pack works too nicely for me to want to disassemble further.

If you have a li-ion power tool and would be willing to open the case and read off the cell labels, others may appreciate the information.

Back