Quantcast

Pou HM.16 drawings or plans for Pedal Plane

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
You will probably want to go with the later, longer spacing - between front and rear wings - just to simplify climbing into the cockpit.
For the pedal plane I can move things around a bit for ease of entry and egress. It just needs to be stand off scale-ish. However I do like the idea of a flip up leading edge and keep it as compact as possible.

Marc

Last edited:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Like i feared ...i hate that HM16 and HM160 so much, i never kept a picture of it. Sorry.
Hey Koen,
Did you ever build your 103 Pou? Looks like it would be a nice plane? Was considering building a Pouchel one day, but if you release plans like you did for the Birdglider, I might switch when the time comes.

stevel

You can see it in person when its done. I am at KWHP. Also if you want to make a Lil Lil Bitts that is Pitts-ish, I could give you a few pages of the plans in PDF to work from. You only need the main 3 views.
plane is here: www.cloudbaseaviation.com
Yeah! Lil Bitts looks like a perfect starting point. I'd cartoon it up a bit while changing the proportions to make it practical. BTW my Flightstar is tucked away in your hangar a CMA.

nestofdragons

Hey Koen,
Did you ever build your 103 Pou? Looks like it would be a nice plane?
This is actually ... a sad story.

All was going very good. Marko was working on the final steps of the renewed design. Span was reduced to little more than 6m. Total weight was very low. All looked very promising. I had a guy in USA and Australia who were willing to make a prototype. Then one day i got news from Marko.
Marko has a RC model (not this Flying Flea design) falling from the sky. It was one of his new designs. And he started to realise that this might have been a full scale design and that the pilot might have been killed. It struck him with the reality of possible dangers in designing new stuff. Especially i you are not taking control about how it is made. Homebuilts can be deathtraps if not build right. And he choose to stop all designs of all homebuilt project he had with me.

A very very sad day for me. I really hoped that i could have left some legacy to aviation and that i would have given young people a chence to learn to build and fly at very very affordable prices and in a safe design. But ... this new insight of Marko left me no choice. And ... i cannot blame him. I understand him. Homebuilts made a lot of deaths. It is a very very high responsability to design one.

So ... the DragonCub is death. Unless ... Marko starts building it by himself to gain trust in its comstruction and flight. He left that gate open. So ... only time will tell.

addicted2climbing

Log Member
This is actually ... a sad story.

All was going very good. Marko was working on the final steps of the renewed design. Span was reduced to little more than 6m. Total weight was very low. All looked very promising. I had a guy in USA and Australia who were willing to make a prototype. Then one day i got news from Marko.
Marko has a RC model (not this Flying Flea design) falling from the sky. It was one of his new designs. And he started to realise that this might have been a full scale design and that the pilot might have been killed. It struck him with the reality of possible dangers in designing new stuff. Especially i you are not taking control about how it is made. Homebuilts can be deathtraps if not build right. And he choose to stop all designs of all homebuilt project he had with me.

A very very sad day for me. I really hoped that i could have left some legacy to aviation and that i would have given young people a chence to learn to build and fly at very very affordable prices and in a safe design. But ... this new insight of Marko left me no choice. And ... i cannot blame him. I understand him. Homebuilts made a lot of deaths. It is a very very high responsability to design one.

So ... the DragonCub is death. Unless ... Marko starts building it by himself to gain trust in its comstruction and flight. He left that gate open. So ... only time will tell.
Hello Koen,

Sad to hear this, but its understandable. With the flea being a bit unconventional its harder to know for sure how it will perform as opposed to a more standard layout. I have the plans for the Demoichelle and was looking to extrude the spars here in the USA or import spars from Daniel. All the APEV planes use the same spar so thought I could also build his Pouchell. However not being tied to a tough to source spar had me looking at other alternatives or design my own. I still have plans to start kitting the Skylite and building one in the new year and with all the tools I am acquiring want to offer other designs and your Flea was somewhat close to what I was thinking.

nestofdragons

The DragonCub saw some physical changes. Dihedral in wings now. Marko changed the tail shape. In these draft they still were the new shape. But i asked him to reshape them to the old shape. The eye wants a sexy tail, right? The span was reduced even more because everything was lighter now. Anyway ... here some pictures of the last draft i saw. Tail was not changed into the previous sexy tail.

Engine was intended to be Hirth 23.

I see the pictures again and ... tears nearly run over face.
01.jpg
02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg09.jpg

Protech Racing

I built my son a pedal sprint car . They start sitting in them really young. 14-16 months. FWIW mine had to get stretched a couple of times . I would build in a easily stretched cockpit next time.
my main bodywork was masking paper glued to 1/4 in steel tubing, covered with a couple layers of glass. Some soft bondo ,primer and paint.
He got more use out of a all plastic 3 wheeler with stretched rear axle.

Protech Racing

The spars I am about to build and test are designed for a flea and to fold. The ladder spar is too small to hinge .
I am playing dominoes right now after my 6 months of down time. My lovely wife cleaned the garage and the extra stuff is in my building areas.
garage sale today.