Possibly parting out a Kolb Ultrastar.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Larrywal

So here is the deal. I have a Kolb Ultrastar that was flown back in the late 90s. The covering was taken off and the tail section was recovered a few years ago and the wings are still bare. The guy recovering it passed away and I bought the project from his sister. Long story short is that someone wants to buy just the fuselage from me and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying the uncovered wings, 50x30 prop, cuyuna ul2-02 engine with the proper Redrive for the Ultrastar and the enclosed trailer that was built specifically for the Ultrastar.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Thatone

If he wants the fuselage bad enough sell him the whole project and let HIM dispose of what he doesn't need. Unless you are in the business of parting out planes, (or anything else) you end up with a lot of potentially valuable 'stuff' that just clutters up the place.

JamesF

So here is the deal. I have a Kolb Ultrastar that was flown back in the late 90s. The covering was taken off and the tail section was recovered a few years ago and the wings are still bare. The guy recovering it passed away and I bought the project from his sister. Long story short is that someone wants to buy just the fuselage from me and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying the uncovered wings, 50x30 prop, cuyuna ul2-02 engine with the proper Redrive for the Ultrastar and the enclosed trailer that was built specifically for the Ultrastar.
What would you want for the engine?

Do you still have the Ultrastar???

Larrywal

Yes I do. I apologise to all that msgd me. I lost my password till now a kinda forgot I even had this posting up still. So I have the whole project. I was willing to part out the tail section for a pretty fair price and the guy kept trying to low-ball me and get it for nothing so I told him that I was going to keep it. It has been a year and I have since bought a Challenger 2 so I officially have no plans to ever recover this thing. Located near Bay City, Michigan

Errick

Yes I do. I apologise to all that msgd me. I lost my password till now a kinda forgot I even had this posting up still. So I have the whole project. I was willing to part out the tail section for a pretty fair price and the guy kept trying to low-ball me and get it for nothing so I told him that I was going to keep it. It has been a year and I have since bought a Challenger 2 so I officially have no plans to ever recover this thing. Located near Bay City, Michigan
Messaged you

reo12

Hi Larry,
I'm located south of Ionia, MI. I've been looking for a Kolb. Can you contact me with info on a price you want?