• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Positive Cm Airfoils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highspeed

I am doing a design study of a delta-wing sportplane and one area I'm getting hung up on is the airfoil selection. I know that the delta planform is relatively insensitive to airfoil choice, but it still requires an airfoil with a positive pitching moment. I've managed to find a few positive Cm airfoils in some of the online databases but I'd like to play around with designing my own to see the effects of various camber positions and amounts, as well as variations in reflex. Camber is usually denoted as a percentage of chord, but how is reflex called out? Is there a method to generate arbitrary sections to test in Xflr5 to get a feel for the effects of changes?

Back