• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Portable Generator for powering welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tailwind_Fan

Hi all, neither my hanger nor my house has any source of 240v power. Both will require a very large amount of money and no real upside to actually paying to install a 240v outlets. So, I'm purchasing a generator to run my small inverter TIG box. I'm wondering if anyone else had has explored this route, or has experience with a gen-set powering a welder? In the interest of full disclosure, I've already purchased a generator. It's a 12Kw starting and 9.5Kw continuous output, gasoline or propane fuel. Thanks all.

-Alana

Back