• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Polyurethane foam for Rutan style solid core wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymondbird

Supporting Member
Just thinking I might like to use PU foam for my Rutan style solid core wings. I've read some negative things about PU here, even from Orion but still seems to me it would work and be cheaper. The KR's aren't falling out of the skies and it has worked ok for thousands of surf boards. Can't be hot wired of course but who needs that when it's so easy to sand. Same 2 lb. density as the XPS and fuel proof. What am I missing?

All comments greatly appreciated . . .

Attachments

• Foam Core testing July 2011.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back