• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pober Pixie Airfoil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soliex

Hi all

I've been working on a Pober Pixie 2" stretch in length and height of the cockpit, I call it the Dixie Parasol. I haven't made any calculations yet of the airframe, but plan on it and may have questions for those in the know. The Pegasus O-100 is the engine of choice and the modifications are in CAD, no tube has been cut as yet and may not ever, we'll see.

While admitting that I haven't spent more time than a quick search on this topic I have a question:

What changes would you make (if any) to the wing construction or airfoil? Stay with the wood or could this be an opportunity for a new metal wing... it was designed with the Clark Y, my plans are from '91 or so and have a flat bottom, maybe there is something better.

Comments and suggestions welcomed...

Thanks

Attachments

• DP.20.00.PNG
    DP.20.00.PNG
    174.2 KB · Views: 29
Back