Quantcast

Please enforce for sale/wanted rules

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pfarber

HBA Supporter
I think that anything for sale MUST include a price in the title or be deleted. And if they do something stupid like $1 than ban them from the For sale forum.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe a new member is working on complying. Just report one when you find it and the mods and admin will check it out.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Please use the report function - much easier to spot the violation when somebody else has already spotted them and tells us. I currently have notes to several folks with no price...

pfarber

HBA Supporter
The default 'no price in the title instant delete' is gonna be the easiest to implement.

Will continue to report, but it would be my recommendation to start moderation que and delete any posts without a price in the title. Most modern forums support this function. XenForo says it supports 'Approval queuing'.

TFF

I think most come to post things to sell without a price are not normal visitors. I doubt they have read the instructions just like me. Regulars know. I know them from experience. Most will post one when you ask. You can be non tolerant for usually a small infraction. Usually they never come back to check; maybe after a week or two, delete it. There are way worse infraction that stay.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
What if I want to put something up for "best offer", or do a "reverse auction"? Is there any reason that something like that should be banned from this forum?

Of all the ban-worthy or warning-worthy things that could happen here, failing to put a price on something is the least important one I can think of.

Advertising a website where sexy Russian girls want to meet YOU !!!, or asking for donations to a political extremist group, or repetitive preaching the gospel of (insert deity name here)... those are big problems worthy of banning someone.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
As stated earlier, the best solution is to use the report button if you think the post disregards the rules, and let the moderators make that judgement.

Brünner

HBA Supporter
There are people who post something for sale, but have no idea what they should ask for it.
True.
The poster could be someone that knows nothing about aviation and related stuff, so he may probably be asking for a guidance, help regarding price.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Barter,Sale, Or Free should be standers when posting but in the long run it depends on the person who is posting and it's up to the Forum to get details by PM or other sources. I've asked price and location more then once.