Plans Built similar to a FP 202?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Kyle Boatright

At a recent fly-in someone was buzzing around in a Fisher FP-202, which I thought was a neat little airplane. It reminded me that (I seem to remember) someone sells an inexpensive plans set for a very similar aircraft, but I can't remember what it is/was for the life of me. Any ideas?

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
You can't go wrong with a Hi-Max, well-proven design and since they are still making kits you could do a complete scratch build, a complete kit, or something in between according to your budget, skills and wishes. With a largish half VW or a stripped down, basic full VW you can even have a four-stroke. Here is one from Latvia!

[video=youtube_share;QSq7kcJh6Uk]http://youtu.be/QSq7kcJh6Uk[/video]

Jon Ferguson

I am currently building a Hi-Max. So far I love it. The plans and instructions were free and very thorough. I am scratch building certain parts of the plane and using sub kits for certain other parts. TEAM has been outstanding. They don't mind if I buy this or that or scratch build something. If I need anything from them I need only ask. For example I scratch built my wing ribs but I didn't want to buy all the AN hardware on my own. I called TEAM and they carefully packaged up all the AN hardware and metal I would need to finish my wings. Then they pre cut what was needed to the best dimensions that are usable on the plane and would also save on shipping.

Another real bonus with the Minimax line is that we have a very active owner builder forum http://www.lonesomebuzzards.com/ . They've been very supportive. Also it's through them that i was contacted by another builder in my region and now we are friends and help motivate each other and help out with tools and advice.

The plane itself is very easy to build. In fact it's pretty much exactly like building a balsa wood model plane. The first thing that happend to me when I started building is a flood of fond memories of building models with my Dad. It doesn't require many tools at all really. Most morning I pretty much just use a miter hand cutter (cheap hand tool) and a stapler. A good table saw makes life much easier though.

It's a proven design that allows you to decide how much you want to scratch build or kit build with great factory support and network of owner builders. Who could ask for more.

fly_boy_bc

Tell Paul at Fisher that you want a Super Koala 202. Dan
ROFLOL!!!:gig:

I do not CARE how old this thread is!

Pop's has an odd sense of humor I think. There is no such thing as a "Super Koala 202" and he knows it. Like many people before me I have to explain him for you.

His plane is a scratch built oddball combination of a Fisher Flying Products FP-202 Koala and a Super Koala. If I 'member c'rectly it's built more like the Super but the size of a 202 but with "not one piece in common with either". Some times he just call it his "Cub Clone".....or his "Highly modified Fisher 202 Koala".

He is suggesting you tell the company they need to build his version. 'Cos it's better. :)

It is though...in a number of ways

SUBtle Dan!..Im still giggling..and all he answers is "yes"......

GB BC 101+202=101.02

Last edited:

Pops

Log Member
ROFLOL!!!:gig:

I do not CARE how old this thread is!

Pop's has an odd sense of humor I think. There is no such thing as a "Super Koala 202" and he knows it. Like many people before me I have to explain him for you.

His plane is a scratch built oddball combination of a Fisher Flying Products FP-202 Koala and a Super Koala. If I 'member c'rectly it's built more like the Super but the size of a 202 but with "not one piece in common with either". Some times he just call it his "Cub Clone".....or his "Highly modified Fisher 202 Koala".

He is suggesting you tell the company they need to build his version. 'Cos it's better. :)

It is though...in a number of ways

SUBtle Dan!..Im still giggling..and all he answers is "yes"......

GB BC 101+202=101.02
Thanks, I need all the help I can get.

Dan