• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Planning to construct a good composite curing oven...request some feedback/input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cblink.007

So, looking ahead to our full scale build, we are researching the idea of constructing a curing oven. From what I have seen across the interwebs, I see this concept popping up:

https://www.smooth-on.com/tutorials/build-hot-box-oven-heat-curing-materials/
Or this:

Seems straightforward enough...

Will something along the same concept, just bigger and plywood-reinforced do the job?

Size of the oven would be around 2m x 5m x 5m (preferred to accomodate and entire wing piece) and we have a 125000 BTU portable heater on hand. Desired cure temp of at least 180F if all possible; my parts will be vacuum bagged in a mold.

If any of you all out there have made and used a similar apparatus, I would like to know your experiences! How did you construct yours? Size? Heat source?

Again, we are merely planning at this stage of the game, and want to do as good as we can! Thank you much in advance, fam!

Back