Planned Improvements / Known Bugs

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Mac790

Personally I have only one wish, I would love to see old color scheme, that darker one. I've never liked that lighter one, and I don't like current scheme too, Jake please give us possibly to choose like we had previously.

Seb

autoreply

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Personally I have only one wish, I would love to see old color scheme, that darker one. I've never liked that lighter one, and I don't like current scheme too, Jake please give us possibly to choose like we had previously.

Seb
The 'old' color scheme did exactly what I'm talking about - did a great job of defining the main text stream as a discrete column, and separated the other data (date, time, avatar, poster details) into a distinct other color area. This is all about keeping one's eye from jumping back and forth and letting you read.

I don't necessarily advocate for exactly the old color scheme - it certainly had its flaws, as well - but it had several elements that we'd do well to emulate now.

PTAirco

While I'm throwing around 2c coins: aerodynamics and structures ought to be separated and given their own columns.

Jman

Site Developer
I'm hearing you guys. Thanks for your great comments. So far, by the look of the poll, the articles directory is in the lead.

Not sure what the difference is between a closed thread and a blog.
Each person can have their own blog. You can work on a blog post and publish it when you are ready to. You can choose to allow comments or not. Each post you make is separate and able to be filed in a category of your choosing inside your blog.

how is this different from photo albums?
I envision a personal hangar as a place you can fully describe your airplane with photos and blocks to include engine type, specifications, avionics, etc. Then it can be categorized in with others of its kind. All RVs with other RVs. People can browse the RVs and click on yours and be brought to your "hangar" where they can comment and connect with you. Easier to see who has what type of plane and connect with them. They can also go see your hangar from your profile or by clicking on your username drop down menu in a post.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Looks like Jman is tweaking the site again? I like the new favicon that popped up on the HBA tab this morning. Sure helps finding the site when you have 20 or more open at one time. It looks like there is also an autosave function working so those of us that type slow, or get distracted, don't loose our work?

What else is in the works?

Jman - Thanks for the site!

Jman

Site Developer
You caught me. I made an upgrade in the underlying software that has some improvements to it. Some bug fixes too. Any of you facebook folks out there can "like" threads now if you wish.

Many of you already know that I've just moved and am going through some pretty intense military training at the moment. I had a small break so I have been able to do some minor things around here. I'm still looking to hire an outside professional to make some of the improvements we have talked about as money becomes available. Because of this training and some further deployments in the future, I think it's best to have someone I can rely on to make these improvements and manage them when I'm away. The Moderators are doing a great job keeping the site going and I'm thankful for that. But some of these improvements are very technical in nature and time consuming. I'd feel better being able to hire a professional to do the work and to be on call for when I'm not around to respond to technical problems.

Anyway, I appreciate your patience and understanding with the slow progress. We will get there someday, I swear it!

Jake

bmcj

HBA Supporter

autoreply

Uploading images is a problem.

Directly clicking to upload one doesn't work. Once you go to the "manage attachments" thingy, you can't go back to earlier pages with everything you uploaden anymore.

Floydr92

Although it isnt in the list, i think an instructional section would be helpful. an area with a bunch of videos and tutorials of how to do things homebuilding related. tips and tricks etc. it would need to be nicely organised though or else it would be a waste of time.