• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Planetary gear drive for corvair, Duel plug heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I was looking at an old book I have: Auto engines for Exp. aircraft by Richard Finch 1986 era and in the back page 175 there is an add from Gyrodynamics selling prints to build your own planetary gear drive's and also corvair chain drive's. The company was based out of Redlands California. also there was plans for Duel plug corvair heads. As a corvair engine converter for my KR-2 I've never read or heard about these option from Mr. Wynne or Mr. clapp, leading supplier's of corvair conversions. Does any one know if they are still being used in aircraft ? or can plans still be purchased for the systems? I see that they were available for VW power plants also. It would be of great interest to me to learn the technique of Duel plugs on my motor. Don

Back