• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pitts Single vs. Two seat design differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paraplane

I have noticed that Pitts S1 kits/projects are available with a fairly high frequency and a pretty low price less than 5,000 but almost never see S2 kits/projects for sale and complete and flying aircraft seem to cost 50,000 dollars or more when available. I can understand the S2 is a more desired plane because of the ability to provide exhilarating rides to friends and could be used as a workhorse for paying customers at fly-ins or airshows etc. My question is is there any major design or other technical difference that explain the divergence in cost aside from power plant? What difference in airframe are there other than wing length, spar strength and fuselage length?

Back