• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pipistrel's Electric Trainer - WATTsUP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

More practical & capable electric aircraft are slowly coming to market. I think Pipistrel's latest electric trainer is rather impressive:

Pipistrel WATTsUP Two-Place Electric Trainer Makes First Flight | EAA

I was struck by how much it resembles the Yuneec e430 but there's no connection apparently.

Electric aircraft won't be competitive with conventionally powered aircraft for many years, but having a low noise, low vibration cabin environment is appealing to me. The potential for significant improvements is there and I look forward to seeing more aircraft with electric propulsion.

Attachments

• WATTsUP1.jpg
    WATTsUP1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 184
  • yuneec aircraft_main.jpg
    yuneec aircraft_main.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 298
Back