Pik-26 conclusion is near

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

n45bm

In this case the better option is the corby starlet
I built and still own the first Corby Starlet to fly in the U.S. (n45bm) and I might consider building a PIK 26 (I have the plans). I do like little fighter planes but my Arion Lightning (flylightning.net) is very close to flying and I need to get that finished before I start anything else. Additionally, I've built most of the metal parts for a Taylor Titch but none of the wood work. So many planes, so little time ... Sigh.

n45bm

No. It is an interesting little airplane, but I fear too small for me to be comfortable in.
And I would be concerned about the extra weight of me plus the 4 cv engine.
I hear you Cavelamb. I'm 5'-7" and about 165 lbs., so the Pik 26 is doable to me. It sure is a cute little bird.

angelo stella

So, now that we're talking PIK 26, Does anyone have a full size drawing of the airfoil used on this little jewel, or info on what airfoil section is used? Full dimensions or a table of ordinates? My drawing set is a reduced set and I'd like to be able to plot the airfoil section accurately. Many thanks to anyone that does and is willing to share.

Hi N45BM,
pls find attached the .dwg file of the PIK26' profile (1150mm chord). Be aware that the drawing is related to the LS(1)-0413MOD AIRFOIL (NASA/LANGLEY LS(1)-0413MOD AIRFOIL (ls413mod-il)) that's a NASA "2nd try" of the original LS(1)-0413 (NASA/LANGLEY LS(1)-0413 (GA(W)-2) AIRFOIL (ls413-il)). The PIK26' wing uses the original LS(1)-0413.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
Angelo

Attachments

• GAW2 mod C1150.dwg
    43.1 KB · Views: 33

n45bm

Hi N45BM,
pls find attached the .dwg file of the PIK26' profile (1150mm chord). Be aware that the drawing is related to the LS(1)-0413MOD AIRFOIL (NASA/LANGLEY LS(1)-0413MOD AIRFOIL (ls413mod-il)) that's a NASA "2nd try" of the original LS(1)-0413 (NASA/LANGLEY LS(1)-0413 (GA(W)-2) AIRFOIL (ls413-il)). The PIK26' wing uses the original LS(1)-0413.
Hope it helps.
Cheers
Angelo
Thank you Angelo. I do have Corel Cad loaded in my computer, so the file is perfect. Still trying to navigate Corel Draw some since most of my experience has been with AutoCAD, but they're quite similar. Thanks again.

KAL

Hello, Looks like you did a great job building your PIK-26, have you flown it yet and if so how does it fly can you compare to any other aircraft. Are you happy with everything or are there things you would change if you were to build another. I am interested in building one for myself This is why I ask.
Thank you.

motorcycleconnect

I built and still own the first Corby Starlet to fly in the U.S. (n45bm) and I might consider building a PIK 26 (I have the plans). I do like little fighter planes but my Arion Lightning (flylightning.net) is very close to flying and I need to get that finished before I start anything else. Additionally, I've built most of the metal parts for a Taylor Titch but none of the wood work. So many planes, so little time ... Sigh.

would you mind emailing plans for the pik-26 to me? i would so greatly appreciate it. or post it publicly. [email protected]. thank you!