Pik-26 conclusion is near

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Andre Marcelo

My engine is a Honda 350cc with 32hp and 35 kg, I think my trhust will be among 70 and 80 kilograms. To use a vw engine in pik26 it is necessary estrutural modifications e CG correction

proppastie

Log Member
nice work
how about pictures of the engine install....as to motorcycle or industrial engine and reduction, prop? ....

Pops

Log Member
Negative. I built mine from plans I bought from John Corby. My plane, n45bm is the first Starlet to fly in the USA. First flight was on 12/31/87, and I still have it in my hangar in Texas. My friend in Iowa bought one and sold it a while back. He now has a Thatcher CX4.
Larry in Marshalltown. We have been friends for 30+ years.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Turn on the subtitles

For those who, like me, didn't know how this works.
- The subtitles for this video are in Portuguese, and you have to turn them on, then you can select a different language.
On a laptop:
- It's best to run the video in YouTube itself.
- Select "settings" (the cog wheel)
- Select "Subtitles/CC"
- Portuguese is the default for this video. Select "Auto-translate" and then pick your desired language from the list. Like all machine translations of technical subjects, it is pretty rough, but I think I figured out the major points Andre was talking about. It was certainly better than me trying to work through the Portuguese!

Thanks, Andre. It is obvious that you've been down a long road with this project!

Mark

Last edited:

proppastie

Log Member
A motorcycle conversion.....there are so many motorcycles out there......I loved the Honda 350. ....I had 2 or 3 Honda 160.....I was told it put out 36 hp at 12k rpm ....I think the redline was 8K. funny how the computer loses memory.

poormansairforce

A motorcycle conversion.....there are so many motorcycles out there......I loved the Honda 350. ....I had 2 or 3 Honda 160.....I was told it put out 36 hp at 12k rpm ....I think the redline was 8K. funny how the computer loses memory.
Yup, my son had been looking at a KLR 650 for the last year so so he's got me thinking about that because they have been made forever, put out 30 horse at a respectable RPM and they're pretty bulletproof. He finally bought one last week and it's surprisingly smooth for a thumper.

Lendo

Andre,
Looks good, you have the VT with limited Sweep (good), the Ht rudder is forward of the Elevator (good), but is you Lever Arm 3* MAC, looks a bit short coupled which could increase your need for bigger Tail Feathers.
Whats your Wing Area and Tail coefficients?
Just curious,
George