Pik-26 conclusion is near

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Pops

Log Member
I have the first of type in the USA Corby Starlet, n45bm in Texas. Great little airplane! Thinking I may sell it, maybe.
Did you buy the Corby Starlet from a man in IA ?

simflyer

Better you pick the corby starlet, this aircraft has the specs you want
Andre, if I want to choose of these older planes types, then Brugger Colibri, but with different airfoil than 23012.
With experience around planes of this kind, will try build own plane inspired by PIK 21/26 and solutions of others.
I like to know more about Walter's changes of centerplane and spars.

Andre Marcelo

There is no plans for pik21, just One single plane build, walter did esthetic modifications and split the wing spar, today I believe the original construction is better for many reasons, the most important is because it is easy to build the pik26 and finally is a very beautiful plane with excelent performance

Speedboat100

There is no plans for pik21, just One single plane build, walter did esthetic modifications and split the wing spar, today I believe the original construction is better for many reasons, the most important is because it is easy to build the pik26 and finally is a very beautiful plane with excelent performance

Is it for not tall people ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIK-26
Pumpulissa_403.jpg

Last edited:

PIK-21

Hi Andre, Actually there are plans for the PIK-21, i have the sole rights to them. There were in total 3 aircraft built, of which only 1 is still flying. 1 was damaged on landing and as far as i know was not rebuilt, and the last one was built but never flown. All 3 are in finland. I am building the 4th one, but due to workload and travelling and moving house, the project has stagnated. As you say, NEVER modify the original unless you are a very proficient aircraft designer like Kai Mellen.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
It seems to me than an alternative canopy arrangement such as a Malcolm hood could help adapt the PIK-26 for taller pilots in terms of head room, I don't know about leg room or gross weight. I wonder if the designer would be willing to consider a slightly scaled up version, say 115% or so?

malcolm hood 2.jpg

simflyer

There is no plans for pik21, just One single plane build ..
Andre, 3 PIK21 was built - OH-XTM first proto, stil flying; OH-XMR red one hit hole at landing, not repaired; OH-XME stil flyable. Two other are building - incl. Roger "PIK21".

Attachments

n45bm

Did you buy the Corby Starlet from a man in IA ?
Negative. I built mine from plans I bought from John Corby. My plane, n45bm is the first Starlet to fly in the USA. First flight was on 12/31/87, and I still have it in my hangar in Texas. My friend in Iowa bought one and sold it a while back. He now has a Thatcher CX4.

PIK-21

It seems to me than an alternative canopy arrangement such as a Malcolm hood could help adapt the PIK-26 for taller pilots in terms of head room, I don't know about leg room or gross weight. I wonder if the designer would be willing to consider a slightly scaled up version, say 115% or so?

View attachment 93383
The blown canapy would be possibly better, Kai (the designer) no longer dabbles with his pencils and has hung up his designer boots. It would be up to the builder to increase the height of the canopy for himself.

Group Builder