• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Photography port window...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylP

Hi all :)
One of my loves other than planes is photography, and so it stands to reason that being able to marry the two is something that would appeal to me. I personally do not like shooting through the windshield, so therefore one of my priorities in purchasing an aircraft kit is the ability to shoot unobstructed. I also like STOL aircraft with two of my favorite kits being the Zenith CH750 or the Highlander. Both have their merits, but for now my focus is the flexibility as a photography platform. The highlander has a double door configuration that allows it to be opened in flight, while the CH750 has to remain closed. That being said, I got to wondering if a person could make a small port or hatch that you could open and close easily. It would not have to be very large, just large enough for the lens. Of course the airspeed would determine if the lens could be pushed out the opening, but more than likely it would not to be anyway. So how hard would it be to make such a cut on the CH750? The CH750 already has a small round vent, and so I guess that I could call them and see if that could be omitted. That way it would be a combination air vent and lens opening. Any thought on this? Also...would that type of modification be allowed? Of course with the Highlander it would not be needed, but if this would work I would lean toward the CH750.

Darylp

Back