Quantcast

Peter Sripol is at it again...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tr7v8

HBA Supporter
The motor he used for the twin is the Hobbyking 150cc equivalent.
It is this one. Turnigy RotoMax 150cc Size Brushless Outrunner Motor
That is 9800Watts or around 12BHP. These are the specs:-
Battery: 14 Cell / 51.8V
RPM: 150kv
Max current: 190A
Watts: 9800w
No load current: 51.8V/5.2A
Internal resistance: 0.011 ohm
Weight: 2530g
Diameter of shaft: 10mm
Winding: 8T
Stator Pole: 24
Motor Pole: 20
Stator Diameter: 101
Lamination Tickness: 0.2mm
Suggested ESC: 250A 14S Compatible

Speedboat100

I think it deserves repeating that Peter S. is very cleverly and profitably building airplanes with an expected/design lifespan of 5 hours or less. That changes the game considerably.

Then, he's building airplanes that have an expected/design loading of 2G or less. That changes the game even more.

It is entirely possible that if you hired Lockheed ADP or Boeing Phantom Works to build an aircraft to the same design and mission and budget and construction time specifications as Peter's airplanes, they might come up with something very very close to what he is doing.

Our job, as the "old guys who want a future for aviation", is to do two things. First, capitalize on what Peter is doing, by finding a way to convert his trillions of youtube watchers into people who stay interested in aviation. Second, we need to find a way to convince Peter to continue building airplanes, but airplanes that are a little less disposable each new version.

One way we can do this second thing IMHO is to convince him that the future of his "enterprise" is to have a growth plan for when all those youtube viewers get tired of what he's doing now. Sooner or later it will be "oh, another quick and dirty foam airplane... naahhh, let's look at the Kardashians"

So what I would tell him is that he should be planning to build something a little more utilitarian, which his video channel can smoothly shift over to "This week, Peter is taking his self-designed homebuilt airplane to his friend's airstrip in the next county"... or "This week Peter is testing the STOL performance of his new plywood and carbon fiber plane, trying to win a $100 bet with his friend that he can't land inside the basketball court", etc. etc.

Yes VB...but what I'd like to see is the team doing the 2-3 kw using plane for one pilot.

Enclosed is the foil and structure for a wing that enables the 230 watt plane to go 37 km/h.

musculeir2.jpg

proppastie

Log Member
The motor he used for the twin is the Hobbyking 150cc equivalent.
first electric yes.....this electric of post 1 no.....I could not understand what he said about the motor, however others said he said from "Open PPG" ....the batteries look like their batteries I have looked at their site and they have a working PPG electric setup.

Last edited:

proppastie

Log Member
I do not think that is reasonable ........4 hp is not very much.

Yeah, but you willnot be able to build that wing without molds..
perhaps his method of hot wired foam in between solid foam ribs.....could make the supporting foam thinner....just thick enough to support the bottom layer of CF.

Molds for the spar not much more than plywood cut to shape.

Speedboat100

I do not think that is reasonable ........4 hp is not very much.

perhaps his method of hot wired foam in between solid foam ribs.....could make the supporting foam thinner....just thick enough to support the bottom layer of CF.

That is what Electra One and GosHawk ( Winward ) are aiming and achieved....2 is maybe not achievable.

I mean 3 kw per person.

At 250 lbs I am like two persons.

proppastie

Log Member
That is what Electra One and GosHawk ( Winward ) are aiming and achieved....2 is maybe not achievable.
that is cutting edge.....not a simple homebuit UL.....however is a worthy project should someone accept the challenge.....The peddle power aircraft flew in ground effect on less than 2 hp, but again those aircraft had severe structural limitations.....again not reasonable aircraft

proppastie

Log Member
others said he said from "Open PPG" .
I have to wonder why he has not provided links to the hardware and cover.....I surmise they would not "sponsor" (give hm the hardware in exchange for a plug?) Or perhaps he has not had time....to add the links.......in the first case really stupid on the hardware people given the scope of his viewership, in the second case very understandable.

I would image it is just easier to buy the stuff than negotiate some sort of deal .......one only has so many hours in the day.

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I agree, Peter is not advancing the state of the art, he is producing content for his YouTube channel and a workshop of marginal aircraft. Nothing to see here.
He is advancing aviation's state of health, which is far more of an issue these days than it was XYZ years ago. He's also bringing the age demographic (people who are interested in airplanes) down, which we need desperately. Marginal and near-useless aircraft... agreed.

Reactions: TFF

Bille Floyd

It looks like this is the motor he used MAD M50C35 IPE Heavy Lift Manned Drone Motors
I Like that motor (!) ; looks like a good one , but doesn't look like the
one in the video ? Both are pictured below.

Both motors :
(Peter mentioned a voltage of 92v at 9:02 minutes in the video, and the MAD M50)
operate at near 100v ; can that voltage kill Ya (?) or is 50v a safer way to go, like the
HPD 16kw continues / 20kw Max motor sold by the German co :

Bille

Attachments

Last edited:

Protech Racing

He may be building useless airplanes, but here you are talking about his Genius wing and his power. So He's done something..