Quantcast

Peter Sripol is at it again...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

karmarepair

HBA Supporter

He took gasoline paramotor off his last airplane (it doesn't want to be a tractor), built new wings (2-axis), and used an ELECTRIC paramotor powerplant. First flight was a little hairy, he added 6 feet of wing, now flies pretty OK. Wing is a hot-wired foam truss work with aluminum spars, covered with Oratex. Load tested over 3 Gs.

pwood66889

Keeps the dream alive, it does. One of the ultralighters bought his trike to 2J0 this afternoon. Put it together and once around the patch. That is so "Where-it-is-at." Helps the pains go away after crawling out of my `coupe. Wonder if his sponsor is going to kit that plane? Maybe, if out of "Belitigent" range."

TFF

I believe he is covering it in vinyl shelf paper. He definitely needs more thrust. More prop. He always has the calmest weather.

TFF

This plane has sticky back vinyl. Does Oratex have that too? This is not the oratex like I have seen. The other plane had oratex

STDJantar2

This plane has sticky back vinyl. Does Oratex have that too? This is not the oratex like I have seen. The other plane had oratex
Not Oratex but Oracal, a self adhesive vinyl film. Same manufacturer, though. Have covered a couple of RC planes with this stuff.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
That's interesting. Does anyone know more about the strength and durability of this film and its adhesive?
Car wrap is an alternative to paint, not fabric. Might work as a covering alone as on an ultralight fuselage as Belite did. But the critical wings were wrap covered foam.
Car wrap shops recomendation is replace at 7 years. At 7 years it is removable, age beyond is difficult to remove.