• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Penguin Trainer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhhjr

Supporting Member
This subject comes up once in a while. Has anyone actually build a flightless Penguin trainer from the plans in the EAA's reprint Flying Manual? There is a youtube short on a very unsuccessful version and reference to the fact that the Breeze company built 300 of their version during WWI.
1675606700076.png
Apparently there's one that survived and is in a US museum. The WAAM museum in Oregon also has a Penguin of recent build and I'm not aware that they have ever tried to taxi it.
1675606914789.png
I see lots of possibility for calamity and I suspect the EAA lawyers would got ballistic if a chapter tried to operate one. Does look like it would be fun.

Vince Homer

Back