• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pegasus DP-1 O-100 UPDATE 12/1/15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Plumb

R.I.P.
Hey there! So here is a condensed version of the last 3 hectic months. Early in September I realized there was a time crunch approaching on the crank shaft because I had been “stood up” by the foundry I was contracted to and was back to square one on the production of the crank blanks. I still had my final machining processor but no product to machine. So I went on the hunt for a foundry with “rapid prototyping” capabilities and found one in Virginia who is producing about 10 test samples for me as I type this. They should go to the heat treater this week then on to the machine shop in the next week or so. The case corrections have all been done in Solid Works and have been submitted to the foundry with all additions and corrections – small stuff mostly but necessary for the machining changes I made to make the DP-1 more user friendly for you guys.
We are now about 2 months behind where I wanted to be but I am still optimistic that the beta test engines will be flying by the end of the year. I am still planning a ceremonial presentation to the owner of serial number 001 at Sebring this next January and will also be delivering one of the betas to a manufacturer down there in FLA at that time. Hope this catches you up a bit. Sorry for the delay.
Pete Plumb

Back