• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pazmanyt PL-9 Stork & The FAA Criquet "Storch" Ban???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southron

O.K. I understand that the FAA has, in effect, "BANNED" the Criquet "Storch" LSA. My understanding is that the fuselage was manufactured in South America, imported into the U.S. and the LSA finished in Florida.

The FAA did an "Audit?" of the company in Florida and came out with the ruling that in the future, no Air Worthiness Certificates would issued for Criquets. In the meantime, the FAA DID NOT revoke the Air Worthiness certificate of the 3 Criquet Storches now flying.

Then the FAA won't comment ON WHY the Criquets have been banned.

MY QUESTION:

If I purchase a set of plans for the Pazmany PL-9 Stork and build such an aircraft, following all FAA rules, etc...would the FAA approve it for flight?

The Pazmany PL-9 is, in effect, identical to the banned Criquet Storch.

ALSO......................................

Is anyone familiar with ANY "Safety Issues" with the Pazmany PL-9 Stork?

THANKS!!!!!

Back