Quantcast

Paradise Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Wayne

Log Member
Hi all,
One of the guys here at the airport is looking to add a Light Sport aircraft on lease back to the Flying School to be used as a primary trainer for both Private Pilot and Light Sport. The aircraft is manufactured by Paradise in Brazil. Here's the link for the specific aircraft P1 | Paradise Aviation

So my question is - can you please send me any gossip on the plane and/or manufacturer? If the plane is really good we could expand in the same line and add a few more so I want to make sure my friend a) Makes a wise investment and 2) The aircraft is a good trainer and will be a good fit for the club.

Thanks for any insight, and please feel free to IM me as well.

Wayne

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I've never heard of that plane or company, but is he working through a U.S. distributor or agent? That person's support network (parts, service, etc.) and reputation would be a big factor for me.

rotax618

A friend owns a Paradise, it is a very well built and appointed airplane, he says it is very nice to fly. They were more expensive relative to other aircraft in their class so not may were sold here in Oz.

TiPi

Log Member
Look at the empty weight (386kg)! And most of the time the actual empty weight is even higher (extra instruments). This is another 1.5 people plane if you want to stay legal and go places. It might be OK as a trainer with less than full fuel needed to accommodate 2 normal size blokes.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
600 kg - 386 kg = 214 kg

214 kg - (2 x 90 kg people) = 34 kg for fuel and baggage, not great but not atypical

Look at the empty weight (386kg)! And most of the time the actual empty weight is even higher (extra instruments). This is another 1.5 people plane if you want to stay legal and go places. It might be OK as a trainer with less than full fuel needed to accommodate 2 normal size blokes.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
If you use 6 significant digits, 600 kg equated to 1323 lbs., rounded to the nearest whole number.

I would tell the FAA it weighs 600 kg.

BJC
I will give you that. I only used 2.2 kg/lb, and not 2.20462... But, 600 kg only has one significant figure, and when multiplying, that means the the plane only weighs 1,000 lb!

Wayne

Log Member
Hi all!
Just following up on this thread since you were so kind to respond to me when I posted it. I saw and flew the plane today - nice little bird to be honest. It felt very solid compared to the Zenith Cruzer at a similar empty weight - more like a 172. Nicely coordinated as well. With the 100 hp Rotax it was very quiet - so quiet I forgot to turn on the noise cancellation on the Bose Headset.....

It has some interesting design features and appointments including carbon fiber yokes, 4 notches of flaps which looked like a lot (not sure by degrees), rudder trim and an auto pilot with altitude hold as well - plus the Garmin 696. Have a look at the rear of the fuselage - Chromoly steel "tube", aluminum attached to the tubing (and sealed around the edges with caulk?, and a composite turtle deck. Vacuum for the Altitude Indicator is from a venturi under the fuselage passenger side. I guess the Rotax does not have a vacuum pump? Someone cracked the dang housing for the throttle and rudder trim while fixing a fuel valve problem - we can fix it though when the time comes. Power to the various accessories is "always on" or the current owner/pilot pulls the breakers. Stab is all moving and has a rubber "ding" shield on the front of it. Baggage compartment is huge - plane has much higher useful load in Brazil versus LSA limit of 1320.

If we buy it some poor soul with a dire need for LSA Cross Country time (should he ever do his Light Sport CFI like he says he will) will have to get it from Florida to Illinois :(

Paradise no N number.jpgIMG_2486.jpgIMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg