Page 59 - or we really need a VaporWare category

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

Impressive that Kitplanes would run a satirical cartoon at full page... that’s what it is, right?

Reactions: BJC

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
They pays for the ad-space, they gets to run what they want, provided it doesn't break the (usually "no nudity, no drugs, nothing we can't show our moms") publication's advertising rules.

The only thing keeping this from being a full spread ad is that it would cost about 3-4 times as much.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
They pays for the ad-space, they gets to run what they want, provided it doesn't break the (usually "no nudity, no drugs, nothing we can't show our moms") publication's advertising rules.

The only thing keeping this from being a full spread ad is that it would cost about 3-4 times as much.
Meh, I let my Popular Science subscription go when I was a teenager. Kitplanes? We'll see.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Is it April 1st already? My how time flies.

Perhaps that advertisement is an inside joke to honor Dave Martin or something?

Electromagnetic gyroscopic propulsion... I wonder if the Dilithium Crystals are included?

"To get an insider's info kit... mail $20 before midnight tomorrow, attention Department GRQ today!"

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
So I looked at this page after the post I made above:

And I noticed one microscopically small issue, in that one verrrry minor tiny little thing appears to be missing from their leadership team's skill set.

Any guesses?

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
So I looked at this page after the post I made above:

And I noticed one microscopically small issue, in that one verrrry minor tiny little thing appears to be missing from their leadership team's skill set.

Any guesses?
I don't see any significant gaps in their experience. If they had an aeronautical engineer, or a structural engineer, or even a pilot on the team, well, such people are full of old thinking constrained by old paradigms. They crush innovative new ideas

Wait, they are missing a key skill: videography! Where's the video guy/gal? They have a marketing person, but can she edit videos? That is key to developing buzz -->investment.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently the two seater goes on sale this August. Who’s buying one?
I'm buying one ASAP, will use my new CyberBux(TM) crypto currency. I'm inventing it now. It is just as real as this flying machine, so there shouldn't be a problem.

WonderousMountain

I'd be happy with a Vapor category.

With notifications only for subscribers.
A lot of people depend on this site for
Straight answers, but there are dreamers,
for whom modes of flight are interesting.

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
From their FAQ:
How fast can your EVTOLs go?
The AeroRunner GSX and the Hummingbird can go up to 300 mph
The AeroRise Platform about 100mph
How can I purchase a Hummingbird
We are taking pre-orders for the Hummingbird which will be available for sale August 2021. If you would like to pre-order click here
How much will your EVTOLs cost?
The Hummingbird will be cost competitive with other 2 seater EVTOLs. The AeroRunner GSX will be in the cost line of current luxury SUV’s and the AeroRise Platform will be built to order for use by first responders, military and government entities.

What, you guys doubt that two finance guys, a marketing woman, a guy who made cardboard boxes and a ear, nose and throat doctor can go from CAD drawing through prototype to production model in 2 months on a 300mph vertical take off and landing aircraft? I think you lack imagination.

Oops, sorry, I meant drugs. You lack a lot of the drugs that they must be taking to think that.

But, hey, I do believe they were completely accurate to state that it will be cost competitive with other 2 seater EVTOLs. I can say that with complete confidence, since other 2 seat EVTOLs also don't exist.

The link to the pre-order takes you to a page that doesn't exist either.

This just screams 300mph to me.
You've got to be kidding me.jpg

I'm assuming that's the tumbling impact speed, anyway.