Quantcast

P-51C at ~70% scale as ultralight?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Want2build

SNC v Hummel.jpg
Hey fella's, I guy in Italy took a Hummel Bird and modified the wing and tail feathers a little and turned out really nice with just few tweaks. His inspiration was a Japanese fighter. I don't remember which one though, sorry. Its no UL but with an all metal bird its pretty close. I was thinking of modifying the H5 to a Curtiss CW-22. The fuselage is somewhat close, granted the wings will be a different story. That's the dream right now...

J.L. Frusha

Still playing with the design, while trying to modify model plans to make an unpowered, then rubber-powered free-flight model, before scaling up to RC. If I can make it behave in the micro-scale, it will give me insights at my scale, both building and flying.

Slight differences with the Apache Dive Bomber Mustangs give that some additional preference, imho. Mainly the slightly lower profile/cross-section.

Looking at 65% scale, then foreshortening the fuselage, without changing the wings, or tailfeathers, to create a 'cartoon-scale' version. I mean, wth, it's intended to be fun and that lightens it considerably, in the process...