• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfscalemustang

The V-12 Jurca Mustang that you have all seen on ebay and yes, Barnstormers is none other than mine, good ol halfscalemustang! The same wide eyed kid with a dream to fly a Mustang. The v-12'? guess where you've seen them before, you guessed it! Here! The exhaust and cooling scenarios have been topics of a many late night hangar BS sessions. I firmly believe it is possible to install one in its correct configuration in a P-51 replica and retain the looks. Is it going to be easy? Highly unlikely. Possible? Very much so. Ive spent many hours studying the service manuals for the engine, in which Fairchild details proper ducting for cooling purposes. Pretty sure Ive got that part figured out. The exhaust however is a bit more complicated, but again, possible. I have no idea what it'll sound like though. Might have a super wicked sound and it might sound like a 72 Ford F-100 with 1 7/8 exhaust pipe and 12" glass packs at 4500 rpms. Who knows? As noticed I recently put the combo up for sale for a short period. Why? Wellllll.....I bought another P-51 replica, also a recently well known internet star, none other than the SAL Falconar 2/3 P-51 Double Trouble. Was trying to scramble to raise some cash fairly quickly, so I put some of my inventory up for sale ranging from cars, airplanes, boats, lawnmowers, dresser, sink, bathtub, and whatever else I could come up with. Long story short raised the cash, bought the plane and was able to keep the Jurca. Just as soon as I can secure a good location I fully intend on assembling the Jurca with the V-12. Sure have come a long way since that first airplane I drug home! My goal is to have a real one. (I know, I know, get in line....)

Back