• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Out of Great Respect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMD

Everyone probably saw this on the Tuesday night news, but just wanted to tip my hat to one of the greatest airplanes ever built - the 747. The first one flew in '69 (will just leave that one at that) and the first fully certified was delivered at the start of '70. We were married that summer and I genuinely expected our future together to outlast the big bird and it has, but never in my wildest dreams thought that its production future would be a few years shy of the entire history of powered aviation and its presence in our skies likely longer.

I cry for the state of the industry (and especially Boeing) today. Imagine trying to certify anything as revolutionary today as the Queen of the Skies.

Back