• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

OT(?) - Composite Chip Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Tim

I'm going to lead this one off by saying it's not for an airplane but I'm certainly interested in the aviation-grade methods of doing this so that's why I'm asking on HBA. I have asked elsewhere and got back a pile of different answers but it's clear that they were given as maybe the easiest, or the cheapest, or the fastest, or whatever. I'm after the most correct. Mods, if this is an egregious sin just shoot me a PM and nuke the thread.

So I have this dune buggy I'm restoring. It's a Berry Mini T if you're into that sort of thing but long story short it has a Fiberglas body (chopped strand, I think - pretty crude looking on the inside) and the fender edges have a bunch of little nicks and chips out of them. Basically the equivalent I assume of hangar rash on a composite airplane. How would you guys go about fixing this?

Back