Oshkosh 2022

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TarDevil

So, while I'm grateful that coverage is provided by EAA, I give them a C minus (and I'm trying to be generous) for last night's airshow broadcast.
If I had to rate the announcers alone, they'd not get a passing grade... period. Inexcusable commentary.

It was a good show this year (I thought) with great weather. Happy to meet those of you that I did! Normally I'm there every morning to hang out and talk show, but I didn't get there every day this year. But some of the "usual suspects" were there and was happy to meet some new faces. Sad that @BJC was absent but happy he was there in spirit. :)

You should do that, Chris; I’ve always wanted to know Oshkosh / EAA Royalty.

‘Course, we might have to relocate coffee to the South end.

BJC
Until I decide whether or not UL is my next "passion", I'm not going to commit. I haven't flown anything on the platform yet except for one time a couple years ago (not at band camp). That wasn't my finest hour. ;)

Reactions: BJC

PatrickW

Anyone even showing up for coffee?

I was looking forward to meeting some of you...

We arrived in Oshkosh the prior week. Unfortunately, on Monday I started feeling a little under the weather (you already know where this is going).

On Tuesday I tested positive for Covid and then was curled up inside my camper through Thursday, at which time I gave up and left for home.

Took it easy getting back. I've driven it in a single day before, but that was when I was 30 years younger and driving a Corvette (and Covid hadn't been invented yet). So it took me 3 days to get home.

During the trek home my wife also caught it. Presumably from me, so I told her "good thing it's not an STD". A feeble attempt at humor.

Maybe next year Oshkosh will be better than this year (and last year, when I broke a bone during a "hold my beer" moment while trying something else that I haven't done in 30 years - but that's another story).

See you in 2023.

- Pat