Oshkosh 2022

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Fred C

I spoke with my wife and we have been discussing riding our trike this year to the fly in and just pitching a tent like the old days. After 7 years of joining discussions on HBA it would be nice to share some coffee and chat and see if some good parts can be found at a good price along with seeing the planes up close. Nothing set in stone but the trip is in the works.
Then after Oshkosh, drive over to Sturgis. Good times.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I know I won't be going, but everyone be sure to take photos to share, please.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Planning to be there all week. Planning on camping at the airplane, shopping for homebuilder stuff, teaching gas welding at Homebuilder Education Center, and catching some seminars. Looking forward to MAP’s.

Billski

PTAirco

The $7 a gallon Avgas is kind of putting me off. It's a long way from Flabob. Sigh....

ScaleBirdsScott

Been getting prepared for Osh. Working on converting our aircraft trailer to double as a very fancy tent, or very rudimentary camper, depending on how you look at it. Figure if we're paying to drag it out there anyway, and with the price of house rentals being what they are, it's the only viable option for us at this point. The only real debate is whether to take the time to paint it WWII Army Green to match the airplane.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
When will you be teaching welding?
We do two sessions a day everyday of the party, lecture by Joe starts 8:30am and 1 pm. Gotta hear the lecture before you can go hands on, so if you want to handle a torch, be there at the beginning. Supervised practice is available once you have had the lecture whenever there are instructors present.

I never know which sessions I will be coaching until we get set up, but I am likely to teach more than 6 of the 14 sessions. The other guys are good too. Mostly it is just showing folks that this skill is in reach.

Billski

Bigshu

Supporting Member
Been getting prepared for Osh. Working on converting our aircraft trailer to double as a very fancy tent, or very rudimentary camper, depending on how you look at it. Figure if we're paying to drag it out there anyway, and with the price of house rentals being what they are, it's the only viable option for us at this point. The only real debate is whether to take the time to paint it WWII Army Green to match the airplane.
Go silver with invasion stripes, it'll help keep it cooler inside.

Bigshu

Supporting Member
We do two sessions a day everyday of the party, lecture by Joe starts 8:30am and 1 pm. Gotta hear the lecture before you can go hands on, so if you want to handle a torch, be there at the beginning. Supervised practice is available once you have had the lecture whenever there are instructors present.

I never know which sessions I will be coaching until we get set up, but I am likely to teach more than 6 of the 14 sessions. The other guys are good too. Mostly it is just showing folks that this skill is in reach.

Billski
This will be top of list for my visit this year. I still haven't planned my schedule of what to see on what days. Looking forward to meeting more members, even though I'm not a coffee kind of guy.

mikoman

Supporting Member
Thank you for the advance on the discount and you're attending. I am hoping to attend if gas prices(diesel) stabilize. Unfortunately I will be driving. Used to figure out hotel prices first now its how far a drive and its cost. of fuel ..sigh